All of November is devoted to Thanksgiving here on Thursday Thirteen. Last week I talked about stuffing, and the week before that, turkey. You can find the post about stuffing here, and the post about turkey is linked from that. See how easy I made this?
No Thanksgiving is complete without at least one delicious, bad-for-you dessert. And pumpkin pie frequently tops the list of popular dishes. But there’s so much more to pumpkin than pie. So I offer you…13 other pumpkin recipes.
1. Deep-fried pumpkin pie wontons: HUGE WIN. I don’t even have to taste them to know that. But I think I’ll make them anyway, just to be sure.
2. Pumpkin ice cream sandwiches: Yes, please.
3. Chocolate pumpkin brownies: Let’s marry two of our favorite things!
4. Pumpkin torte: Oh hell yes.
5. Pumpkin gingerbread trifle: I love just about any kind of trifle. Except the one Rachel made on Friends. Hello, yes, I am dating myself. If you don’t know what I mean, watch this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avE0ozYmTDA
6. Pumpkin dessert bars: Many of the ingredients you’d see in more traditional desserts but put together in a new way.
7. Pumpkin maple flan: I’ve never made flan (or is it “a flan”?), but this sounds pretty delicious.
8. Pumpkin rice pudding: Another intriguing idea.
9. Pumpkin squares with oat crust: There’s nothing about this that says “don’t eat me”.
10. Hazelnut pumpkin bread: Hubs’ uncle loves hazelnuts. Maybe I’ll make this for him sometime.
11. Bourbon pumpkin pie milkshakes: Yeah, don’t let the kids near these, no matter how cutesy they look.
12. Pumpkin cookie cups: As the recipe says, why use a mini muffin pan when you can use a full-sized one?
13. Pumpkin spice fudge: This should be illegal.
Which recipe are you going to try? I’ll have to seriously consider this question. Perhaps do some trial runs, to see which I like the best.
To learn more about me or my books, including buy links, check out my website at http://www.booksbycassandracarr.com.
Until next week…