All right, people. I wasn’t going to do this since are many other similar blog posts out there, but you wore me down…
The books on this list are all BDSM books, not just erotic romances. I figured if someone loved Fifty Shades a little BDSM won’t offend them. And for a shameless plug, two of my books have BDSM themes – Impact (more BDSM-lite) and Caught (edgy, darker, intense BDSM – won Best BDSM Book 2011 from LoveRomancesCafe). Okay, end of shameless self-promotion.
Though almost all of these authors have multiple well-done BDSM book I decided in order to spread the wealth I’d only do one from each author.
These books are in no particular order:
1. Bared to You – Sylvia Day: a similar plot to Fifty Shades but better written; part of a series
2. Crash Into You – debut author Roni Loren: engrossing story that weaves back and forth over time; I think this is becoming a series
3. Sweet Temptation – Maya Banks: the entire Sweet Series is excellent, but I like this one the best
4. To Command and Collar – Cherise Sinclair: this is part of a series too, and they’re all very, very good books
5. Nobody’s Hero – Kallypso Masters: also part of a series; she nails the complex Dom characters especially
6. Masked – Lissa Matthews: part of a set of two, the second one is called Unmasked – this is M/M BDSM and engrossing
7. Ragged Edge – Sarah Brookes: great, great M/M/F menage with BDSM
8. Light Switch – Lauren Gallagher: Lauren also writes under LA Witt and no matter which personality is writing, she does some unique, interesting stuff
9. Flaunt It – Natasha Moore: This is the first in a series of novellas with a different perspective to each story
10: Bottoms Up – Miranda Baker: A Domme turned sub? Done very well and believable
11. Sub for Hire – Claire Thompson: Another M/M BDSM book
12. Roses & Chains – Delphine Dryden: This is one of the 1-800-DOM-HELP series, some of which are better than others; a M/F/F menage story
13. Traditional Love – Alta Hensley: There are two books in this series; not sure if more are coming
To learn more about me and my books, see my website at http://www.booksbycassandracarr.com.
To see the other Thursday Thirteen participants, click here.